Subject: Re: [Boost-users] RE Building boost libraries for x86_64 platform
From: tom fogal (tfogal_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-02 14:11:12

Qihong Wang <qihongwang_at_[hidden]> writes:
> I'm confused by your new question now. If you just feel the library
> is installed to the the wrong directory, by passing prefex to bjam
> should work.

It's not the prefix that is screwed up. It's the libdir, which he is
claiming is hardcoded as `${PREFIX}/lib'. On x86_64 multilib systems,
this should almost always be `${PREFIX}/lib64'.

For reference, the autoconf way to do this is by using:

  ./configure --prefix=/x --libdir=/x/lib64

I don't see any equivalent in `bjam -h`, but I'm not familiar with that
system.

-tom