Subject: Re: [Boost-users] RE [repost][filesystem][system] Linking errors with C++0X options on intel C++ 11.0
From: Jesse Perla (jesseperla_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-02 19:13:11

On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 12:37 AM, <frederic.bron_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> It seems your "auto linking" option is not linking with the boost_system
> library. Try to add it manually.
> F. Bron

Thanks for the response. Sadly, I had tried that and no luck. The problem
seems to be the difference in standard libraries providing these functions,
which isn't surprising since the transition to C++0X standard errors seems
to be a key goal of boost::system.

I tracked down the usage of these two functions to error_code.hpp. I
modifed error_code to remove the calls to those functions and things worked
for some cases, but other operations in boost::filesystem require these
functions as well. I was able to get a lot of stuff to work. However:
 boost::test, boost::filesystem, boost::mpi all seem incompatible with C++0X
builds in intel. So I am forced to go live without "auto" for now.

Is using boost with /Qstd:c++0x on the horizon anytime soon? It sure would
make life easier for generic programmers.

-Jesse