Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [serialization] Multiplydefinedsymbol:guid_initializer
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-03 15:59:54

  "Robert Dailey" <rcdailey_at_[hidden]> wrote in message news:496954360904031048y51dd24a5w13f4e57a3c3006ae_at_mail.gmail.com...
  On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 1:37 PM, Robert Ramey <ramey_at_[hidden]> wrote:

  Could you explain to me why having all of the code in the LIB file defeats the purpose for having a library in the first place?

  The point of the library is to have a repository of code from which the parts used (and only those parts) are included in the application. Including the whole library would defeat this purpose

  Of the two solutions you listed above (DLL vs global function), which would you suggest? Using a DLL seems like the most transparent solution and I might go for that.

  One fool proof method is to use the funcion archive.register_type to for the derived type to indicate to the archive that code for this type MUST be included.

  Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it.