Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [ASIO] Synchronous write on serial_port
From: Daniele Barzotti (daniele.barzotti_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-08 03:01:18

Igor R ha scritto:

> Your code doesn't compile with _USE_SERIAL_OK defined.
> But anyway, could you elaborate a bit more on what exactly you
> isolated and in what manner it works now. If you mean slow write to
> COM, then - did you try to do the same operation using some native
> WinAPI? Does it work ok?

Hi Igor,
first thanks for your reply. I wrong to put a file the the zip. The one
in attach should compile also with _USE_SERIAL_OK.
But anyway...using that directive, the code use the mini_com client
example found on the net and, of course, it works.
So starting from this, I've substituted it with my Serial class and the
write on COM is extremely slow.
When I've said I've isolated the problem I would say that the issue is
in my serial class wrapper (Serial.cpp) and not in the others classes.

Have you try to use my code without _USE_SERIAL_OK?
Did you have the same issue?

PS. It is an example so by default it open the device "CNCA0" in
ATModem::Connect

if (!_serial_port.Open("CNCA0")) return;

Tnx again,
Daniele.