Subject: [Boost-users] Passing reference to boost::bind object
From: david.weber_at_[hidden]
Date: 2009-04-08 09:15:23

So, we are implementing boost::signals/slots, and in several cases, we
have a connect() function to allow us to hook up an arbitrary slot to
the signal, without exposing the details of the signal for cleanliness
issues.
We would like to implement the signals::trackable interface, and have
the objects which are passing in the bound slot manage their connections
in this manner. However, we are passing them as boost::function objects,
which (as documented) does not work properly with boost::function
objects, only boost::bind objects.
In all of the documentation that I've found, about assigning the results
of a boost::bind call were to function objects. Is there an alternative
available to not destroy the trackable functionality that we're trying
to use?
Thanks
--dw