Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [serialization] Export question
From: troy d. straszheim (troy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-08 12:32:18

Robert Ramey wrote:

> a) Don't put EXPORT macro in headers.
> b) Add a small module to your main code which looks like
>
> #include archive
> .... // repeat as necessary
>
> #include "a.hpp"
> BOOST_CLASS_EXPORT(A)
> .... // repeat as necessary for each class defined in the main line
>
> c) for each DLL - do the same thing for classes defined in the DLL.
>
> Robert Ramey

Hey,

I'm wondering if this applies for BOOST_CLASS_VERSION as well. Seems
like it should, as you want to be able to #include "myclass.hpp" without
worrying about serialization dependencies. I seem to remember seeing
some cases where the version wasn't picked up by the archive if the
BOOST_CLASS_VERSION wasn't in the header. Ring any bells? If not I can

-t