Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [mpl]... is there an mpl::string
From: Ovanes Markarian (om_boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-08 13:19:52

On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 6:57 PM, Eric Niebler <eric_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> You mean, how did I discover the nature of the implementation-defined
> behavior for each compiler? It wasn't by reading any docs. I just played
> around with various compilers until I found what worked. I found some
> compiler bugs in the process, too. See:
>

> https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=334208

Interesting. Ok, but if a string maps to an integer it means that I can only
pass 4 characters at once on a 32bit platform??? I just looked over your
tests and did not get immediately that these all use char test sequences.

I used a slightly different approach in my previous use case.

template<char const* Str>
string
{...};

extern const char some_string[] ={"abcd efg..."};

typedef string<some_string> my_string_type;

Would be cool to find a solution of really passing strings like:

typedef string<"abcd efg.."> some_other_type;

Regards,
Ovanes