Subject: Re: [Boost-users] boost build interface
From: dhruva (dhruva_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-08 23:07:36

Hello, ----- Original Message ---- > From: Vladimir Prus <vladimir_at_[hidden]> > To: boost-users_at_[hidden] > Sent: Wednesday, 8 April, 2009 7:33:56 PM > Subject: Re: [Boost-users] boost build interface > > Igor wrote: > > > I have a suggestion: > > Why not make a simple dialog window with several check buttons and few > > radio buttons where you will choose what kind of library you want to > > build(static/dynamic, release/debug), one edit line in which you enter > > the location where you want your libraries to be built, and one push > > button that will execute the build process? It would make the building > > process of the boost libraries 100 times easier. > > Such solution is being considered, but it really needs somebody with > Windows experience to happen. For starters, it could be a simple CGI script running on the boost website. We generate a file which the user can copy-paste into his/her local build system and bjam/cmake can just take off from there. This is quite similar to some sites offering creating VMware image files which could be used through VMplayer to create a new OS VMware image. -dhruva Add more friends to your messenger and enjoy! Go to http://messenger.yahoo.com/invite/