Subject: [Boost-users] [serialization] save/load split between 2 different classes
From: Robert Dailey (rcdailey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-10 01:21:39

I've got a particular issue I cannot seem to find a solution to.
I'm using boost.serialization to deserialize audio data into an object that
wraps OpenAL. For example, the data I'm writing out would be (in order) a
single INT representing the size of the raw data and then the data buffer
after that. However, in my "Sound" object, I do not keep the data and length
information as state in the class. Instead, I just keep the OpenAL buffer
handle. In order for this class to be able to implement save(), it would
need to have extra state, which would not be appropriate. Basically, I need
to have a separate object dedicated to saving the sound data, and another
for loading it.

Is this possible? Perhaps there is a recommended design?