Subject: Re: [Boost-users] choosing boost libs to link on iPhone based on selected OS target?
From: Rush Manbert (rush_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-10 12:06:00

On Apr 9, 2009, at 11:40 PM, Kenny Riddile wrote:

> I've built boost as static libs for both iPhone(ARM) and the iPhone
> simulator(x86). I'm trying to figure out how to configure XCode so
> that it will know which set of libraries to link against based on
> which OS target I choose in the IDE. Is there anyone with
> experience using boost on the iPhone that can shed some light on
> this? Rene?

In general, that's not easy with Xcode. Have you considered creating
separate build targets for each OS target? Then it's just a matter of
setting the library paths for each build target, assuming you have the
different versions in different places.

The only other hack that I can think of is to define a library path as
something like -L$(SRCROOT)/libraryLink. Then you could add a script
build phase to your target whose script examines the OS that is
selected (Xcode exports all the settings to the environment before
running your script) and creates the libraryLink symlink to point to
the proper directory. That symlink would then be followed in the link
phase.

- Rush