Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Boost thread conflicts with MFC
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-11 17:50:27

Robert Ramey wrote:
> aaaaa .... what do you use instead for development of a C++ windows GUI
> program?

C++/CLI. It is an extension to C++. It is a RAD language which makes GUI
design much easier than MFC. It is a better .Net language than C# and
will do .Net GUI using Windows Forms. One can easily mix standard C++
libraries/code with it.

But the poster who assumed that Microsoft no longer supports MFC is
completely wrong, even though I also dislike MFC. They are actually
putting almost all C++ work into MFC, mainly because Microsoft will
never allow C++/CLI to seriously compete with their own .Net langauge,
C#, even though C++/CLI is a superior .Net language thanks to Herb Sutter.