Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Boost thread conflicts with MFC
From: Andreas Masur (amasur_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-11 22:40:55

On Apr 11, 2009, at 9:32 PM, Raindog wrote:

> Andreas Masur wrote:
>>
>> [...]
>> Well...currently they more or less shift over to more WPF (Windows
>> Presentation Foundation) for their *big* applications such as
>> Visual Studio. Nonetheless, as already indicated before in this
>> thread....MFC is far from being dead. It got left aside for a
>> couple of years but Microsoft did overhaul it quite substantially
>> not that long ago.
>>
>> Ciao, Andreas
> So far to my knowledge only the text editor in VS2010 is implemented
> using WPF, and probably a lot of other newer features but the
> majority is still MFC and COM

Yes...currently they only annunced the rewrite of the shell in Visual
Studio 2010. But I actually expect more to come over time....certainly
they won't turn one of their flagship applications completely over
right away.

Anyway....I fear that this thread is already driven far beyond its
original topic....thus...I actually should refrain from pushing it
further.... ;)

Ciao, Andreas