Subject: Re: [Boost-users] How to open parallel port
From: Rudolf Leitgeb (r.leitgeb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-14 04:19:43

Just a quick search in google will show you a multitude
of suitable libraries for accessing the parallel port.
Since there are no standardized protocol for communicating
over the parport (except for printing), most applications
access the parport by directly writing to port addresses.
I am not sure how well the works with USB to parport adaptors.

And since the parport is slower and clumsier than USB, proper
software support for it is unlikely to emerge any time now.
AFAIK there is no (planned) parport support in boost.