Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Boost::Asio No write handler called after async_write
From: Igor R (boost.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-14 12:15:29

> Thanks for the answer, but all examples I see in the documentation using
> io_service:::run() are using an async-read/async-write model. How would
> io_service::run() fit in my sync-read/async-write model? Or is it impossible
> to do async-write if using async-read?

I don't see in your code snippet where you intend to perform
sync.read. Anyway, there's no technical limitation to use both
sync.read and async.write - for example, you can call sync.read in
handle_write, and it will work. As for io_service::run, you can place
it just before "return" in Server::run.