Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Disabling Exception Handling
From: Emil Dotchevski (emildotchevski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-14 15:01:17

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 11:42 AM, Noah Roberts <roberts.noah_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Not that I'd recommend that with every superior you don't agree with.
> Sometimes (usually) they have real reasons for what they're doing.

In their mind, they do have real reasons. People are logical
creatures, and understanding the logic behind someone's stubborness is
always helpful. Also, you can't underestimate that they have the
responsibility for doing the right thing and justifying risks. It is a
fine balancing act, being open minded for new things yet filtering out
noise from eager younger programmers who sometimes *can* create a
mess. :)

But I'm with you, my background is in games where exception handling
is considered a no-no, for no good reason.

Emil Dotchevski
Reverge Studios, Inc.