Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Boost.Process article: Tutorial and request for comments
From: joaquin_at_[hidden]
Date: 2009-04-21 09:20:58

Boris Schaeling escribió:
> I've written an article about Boost.Process:
> http://www.highscore.de/cpp/process/
>
> I've also fixed a few bugs in Boost.Process (which is now 0.31):
> http://www.highscore.de/boost/process.zip
>
> And the latest source code can also be found in the sandbox:
> https://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/process/
>
> For developers not familar with Boost.Process the article is a tutorial to
> get more easily started. For developers familiar with Boost.Process it is
> a request for comments.

I think it is important that you state that Boost.Process is not a Boost
library actually,
at least currently. Referring to it as simply Boost.Process can be
misleading, so
a better alternative is to name it "Candidate Boost.Process" or
something like
that.

Incidentally, given that the lib seems to be orphan, maybe you're in a
position
to adopt it and bring it to a state that it can be officially reviewed?

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo