Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Build and Install only a Specified Library fromcommand line using bjam (newbie!)
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-22 14:38:58

Hmmm - maybe I'm misunderstanding the question but I think I do this all the
time:

a) I move the libs/serialization/test directory
b) I invoke ../../../tools/regression/src/library_test.sh (or bat)
c) read the help
d) invoke ../../../tools/regression/src/library_test.sh with the proper
toolset and other options
e) thinks crank away building everthing that is needed (including ANY other
need libraries).
f) I get a report indicating which tests passed/failed
g) I have to move by hand the compiled libraries/shared_libraries to a
common place

Then I'm in business - and as a side effect, I've tested the library in my
environment.

I don't know if this would work for all libraries or it is an unintended
feature of the Jamfile
in the serialization library test directory.

Robert Ramey