Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Build and Install only a Specified Library from command line using bjam (newbie!)
From: Vladimir Prus (vladimir_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-23 11:08:05

Agnel C J Kurian wrote:

> Vladimir Prus <vladimir <at> codesourcery.com> writes:
>

>> What are you trying to achieve?
>>
>> - Volodya
>>

> I'm trying to build and install only a subset of boost libraries.
> The same
> problem has been discussed (by someone else) on stackoverflow:
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/439402/building-a-subset-of-boost-in-windows
>
> "bjam --with-library" seems to build only the specified library which is fine.
> However when I use "bjam --with-library install", all of the boost headers are
> copied to the target. I want only headers for the specified libraries.

Why? For disk size reasons, or something else? As I've said above, in general
boost libraries depend on a pile of lower-level libraries, so you can't take
headers of just one library. And as pointed out by Pete, you can use the
bcp tool to copy headers of the libraries you need together with an approximation
of the other headers that might be needed.

- Volodya