Subject: [Boost-users] [thread] getting thread id number
From: Hipatia (hipatia_370_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-24 14:47:02

Hi!

I'm trying to get the id number of a thread just to write it to the standard
output.

Since I'm not an expert in c++ programming, let me explain what I do (even
if it's quite simple): a create an instance as follows,
boost::thread::id thread_id= boost::this_thread::get_id();
By debugging my code with Visual Studio, I see that 'thread_id' has an
'unsigned int' object member called 'id', so I would like to display this
value.
Unfortunately, I cannot find in the boost documentation any function member
of boost::thread::id class that returns its value.

Thanks,
Hipatia.