Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Boost & Continuous Integration
From: Ovanes Markarian (om_boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-27 04:42:20

Sure it works.
It depends how you design your interfaces. If you consequently use boost in
cpp files only and declare in a header a pointer to a pImpl object, that
works very well (with Visual Studio as well). Robert, I would suggest for
you to take a look in the book: Large-Scale C++ Software Design by John
Lakos. There he explains all that idioms and how to organize projects for
better compilation speed. And much more other things.

http://www.amazon.com/Large-Scale-Software-Addison-Wesley-Professional-Computing/dp/0201633620/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1240821340&sr=8-1

I did it many times in my projects and it always worked well.

Additional articles by Herb Sutter can be of help:

http://www.gotw.ca/gotw/024.htm
http://www.gotw.ca/gotw/007.htm

Regards,
Ovanes