Subject: [Boost-users] Serialization problem with DLL & EXE
From: Andrei Popa (andrei4popa_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-28 09:18:48

Hi there,

I have a dll that contain an abstract base class called DbObject and a
DbDatabase class that contains a collection of shared_ptr<DbObject> .

It dose work as long all derived classes are defined in the same dll.

With a class derived from DbObject and defined/implemented in my EXE
(that use the DLL) I got archive_exception::unregistered_class.

I tried to register it or to export it, but I could not make it work.

Any Ideas?

I use Version 1.38 of the library & VC8(2005).

When I use BOOST_CLASS_TYPE_INFO(as in test_no_rtti.cpp sample ) for my
EXE resident class, the ::get_key is never called.

    // get the eti record for the exported type "polymorphic_derived2"

    boost::serialization::extended_type_info const * const d2_eti =

        boost::serialization::extended_type_info::find(

            "polymorphic_derived2"

        );

works too before I start to serialize the collection.

Thanks,

Andrei