Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Cannot find -lboost_thhread with upgrade from 1.35 to 1.37
From: Johan Oudinet (johan.oudinet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-29 05:39:14

On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 11:09 AM, Johan Mazel <johan.mazel_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Hi
> You mean that I should use -lboost_filesystem-mt instead of
> -lboost_filesystem ?

When you write -lxxx, your compiler look for libxxx.a or libxxx.so

> If that is the case I just tried to use these options and the seem to be
> working.
> But there is one remaining problem, I get an error like this :
>
> /usr/include/boost/system/error_code.hpp:205: undefined reference to
> `boost::system::get_posix_category()'

I don't use Boost.System, but according to its documentation:
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_38_0/libs/system/doc/reference.html#Deprecated-names
You should use get_generic_category() instead of get_posix_category()

You can also use the command nm to verify if 'yyy' function is in 'xxx' library:
nm -C /usr/lib/libxxx.a | grep yyy

IMHO, get_posix_category is in libboost_system.a, but not in
libboost_system-mt.a

Regards,

--
Johan