Subject: [Boost-users] [statechart] Asynch statechart in dll
From: Bill Clark (bill_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-29 17:40:48

I have modified the Pingpong sample (an asynchronous statechart) so that the
statechart itself is in a dll, with the calling code (in PingPong.cpp) in an
exe. This is using VS2005 sp1. I have used a macro in the usual way to mark
the Player class as exported.

The app builds and runs, but it seems that events don't get acted on. We hit
Player's initiate_impl(), and we get to state_machine::process_event() with
a BallReturned event passed in, but we never hit the handler for that event
(Waiting::react(const BallReturned&)).

Is this something that should work? Is it necessary to do something more
than just export the necessary classes from the dll?

Thanks,
Bill

**