Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Quickbook quick start
From: Daniel James (daniel_james_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-05-05 14:46:22

2009/5/3 Deane Yang <deane.yang_at_[hidden]>:

> I just followed the instructions for Windows. Then I went to boost/doc and
> ran "bjam". It appears that doxygen is required, no?

If you want to build the complete documentation you need doxygen,
latex and ghostscript. But this is only needed for some of the
libraries' documentation. This is a bit complicated, but we do supply
prebuilt documentation ourselves. If you want to get the documentation
for the trunk or release branches of boost you can download
'boost-trunk-docs.7z' or 'boost-docs.7z' (for release) from
http://boost.cowic.de/rc, although this is built irregularly so it
sometimes gets out of date.

> Shouldn't installation
> instructions for doxygen be included in the Windows section? There seem to
> be such instructions in the MacOS X section.

Possibly, I'm going to eventually write new getting stated and
installation documentation. The wiki page I linked to is my starting
point for that.

Daniel