Subject: [Boost-users] [1.38.0][Serialization] [SunOS] Build ok but crashes when runing
From: Jo anneChiang (maverickchiang_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-05-07 05:58:05

The following is my configuration:
1. uname -a :
SunOs xxx 5.10 Generic_127127-11 sun4u sparc
SUNW,Sun-Fire-V215
2. user-config.jam:
using sun : 5.10 : my-path-to-sunwspro-CC :
<stdlib>sun-stlport <cxxflags>"-library=stlport4
-xtartget=ultra2 -xarch=v9"
<linkflags>"=library=stlport4 -xtarget=ultra2
-xarch=v9"

3. running : bjam --with-serialization OK and the
static library can be sucessfully built.

However when it linked to my program and performs
serialization, a segmentation fault occurs.

Actually, I also found many among the bundled
unit-tests are crashed as well, so supposedly the root
cause is not my program logic.
(the tests result in 3 kinds of crashes: stream error,
segmentation fault and Illegal Instruction)

So I'd like to consult if any of you have successfully
pass all the unit-tests of boost.serialization under
Sun studio CC with stlport4 ?

Is there any glue or exprerience that can be provided
here ? Or it tends to be a bug ?

Thanks much, /maverick

 http://cn.mail.yahoo.com