Subject: Re: [Boost-users] multi_array warning with vs2005
From: Peter Bartlett (pete_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-05-07 11:41:25

Quoting Hicham Mouline <hicham_at_[hidden]>:

> Just to clarify, I understand then that this multi_array code is standard
> compliant, and that the warning is specific to msvc and that multi_array
> developers couldn't not suppress the warning with pragmas for some reason...
> I shouldn't open a ticket then...

If you wanted to open a ticket, it would be to request the use of
unchecked_uninitialized_fill_n on MSVC>=8. This avoids the warning.
The phrase "non-standard Microsoft extension" is like a red rag to a
bull to many developers though, so it may not be acted upon.

Personally I'd love to not have to make the trade-off between using
Boost libraries and being able to leave certain occasionally useful
warnings on, but it is not possible certainly now and perhaps never.