Subject: [Boost-users] boost::asio and boost::statecharts newbie question
From: Dave Mazzoni (davmaz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-05-09 20:23:02

Hello all -
  I am using the boost::asio library to do serial I/O with simple Linux
serial port(s) like /dev/ttyS0. I have found out how this works, and it is a
very impressive library (I will offer a small example program so that you
might include it for other users of ASIO serial ports once I've got it
cleaned up).

  However, in addition to using boost::asio, I am using the
boost::statechart library as the controller (FSM) for a project. I have
managed to get the serial port working with the boost::asio library. Now, my
problem is that I have an io_service defined and initialized in my
statechart FSM. Is there some way to cast or otherwise use the io_service
that I have therein into a serial_port? In other words, I would rather not
have to put the serial port handling code in the FSM (I'd rather 'refer' to
it using the io_service if it is possible).

Thanks for your help!
Dave