Subject: [Boost-users] [Boost.Test]
From: Ruediger Berlich (ruediger.berlich_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-05-10 07:52:45

Hi there,

I am using Boost.Test to run Unit tests for my code (Boost 1.39). For each
class, I have a number of tests (implemented through BOOST_AUTO_TEST_CASE
or BOOST_AUTO_TEST_CASE_TEMPLATE, respectively), organized in test suites
(arranged in BOOST_AUTO_TEST_SUITE blocks). Each BOOST_AUTO_TEST_SUITE with
the associated AUTO_TESTs is a separate compilation unit, thus localted in
its own file.

I would now like to make sure that tests are run in a specific order. After
all these are unit tests, and I want the most basic components to be tested
first.

Is there a way to do this with the AUTO-environment, or do I have to resort
to manual registration of test suites and/or test cases ?

I have tried changing the linking order, but to no avail.

As always thanks for a great library collection and any help provided!

Best Regards,
Ruediger