Subject: Re: [Boost-users] boost::asio and boost::statecharts newbie
From: Marat Abrarov (abrarov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-05-11 05:45:50

Dear, Dave

It's very interesting to see ASIO and FSM integration (I'd always been
confused how to use them together).
I haven't seen your code, but you can see mine:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/asio-samples/.
It's without FSM but with serial port too (Windows, may be Linux/Unix). The
main concept is async active object(s) (techniques of their creation and
usage on the top of ASIO) with external (user) async operations and internal
ones (internal loops of async operatins). Also I tried to heavily use custom
memory allocation (to reduce memory allocator calls which slows down
multithreaded environment). The code isn't clean enough but it works fine.

Best regards, Marat