Subject: [Boost-users] PropertyTree's XML parsers survey
From: Tan, Tom (Shanghai) (TTan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-05-15 01:49:53

>From: Sebastian Redl <sebastian.redl_at_[hidden]>
>
>Hi,
>
>PropertyTree currently has 5 (five!) different xml readers using 4
>different parsers. I don't want to maintain them all. Looking at the
>open tickets for PT shows that most bugs occur in the various xml
>readers, and there's no point in having more than one.
>
>I just wonder which one to keep. To those who use PropertyTree's XML
>format, which parser do you use? Do you have any experience with the
>pros and cons of the various parsers?
>
>All feedback is highly appreciated.
I had some experience with RapidXml managing the settings of my not a
long time ago.
Pro:
        - the API interfaces are STL-like, easy to use
        - header only
Con:
        - ANSI only in practice
        - buggy in supporting wstring, and UNICODE. I ended up
implementing my own version supporting UTF-16LE for Windows only based
on RapidXml V1.11.

The most wanted XML parser/writer feature for me is the support of
wide-char(UTF16) version of UNICODE, rather than UTF8. It seems no
light-weight XML library does it well.