Subject: Re: [Boost-users] iterators must go
From: Andrew Sutton (andrew.n.sutton_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-05-15 18:53:42

> > I'd love to see the finicky bits worked out, though, since I do like
> > the idea.
> >
> > ~ Scott
>
> Any place you really want a single iterator, a range of one value would
> work. For appending or streaming out, you really want the concept of an
> open-ended range.
>
> --John

I fail to see how the use of a Range in place of a Position would "work".
It's an abuse of the abstraction. Maybe it's not so much different than
using iterators for ranges. Please don't misunderstand. I like the direction
that Andrei is going, but I don't believe that getting rid of iterators
solves any problems. Both abstractions have their place.

How does the D standard library deal with positional insertions in lists
and/or vectors?

Andrew Sutton
andrew.n.sutton_at_[hidden]