Subject: Re: [Boost-users] PropertyTree's XML parsers survey
From: Tan, Tom (Shanghai) (TTan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-05-18 00:06:20

>The serialization library has been using the spirit library
>for parsing XML for years. This is for both utf-8 and wide characters

>Robert Ramey

Thanks for this info, I'll dig into that. Some quick questions though.

There are two things that I prefer XML configurations to other formats:

- I can manually edit the config file with other editors(notpad++, kate,
gedit etc). However, different text editors may add additional BOM
bytes(0xFFFE for UTF16LE, 0xFEFF for UTF16BE, 0xefbbbf for utf8) when
saving back, does the serialization library detects them and ignore them
when it sees them?

- unlike JSON, I can embed comment nodes inside the XML to make it more
readable, ex. <!-- this node has 3 acceptable values: 1,2,3 -->, it this
possible with boost.serialization?