Subject: [Boost-users] Declare statistical distribution array: boost/math/distributions
From: Alex Tsoi (tsoi.teen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-05-19 14:52:04

Hi all,

I am trying to write a MCMC algorithm by using boost's math distribution
library, what I want to do is to first declare an array of length 10 of
gamma distribution, and then run a for loop to declare each gamma
distribution's parameters. However, boost does not allow me to declare the
gamma distribution array without having defining the parameter in advance:

gamma_distribution<double> mydist10[10];

error: no appropriate default constructor available.

because the library requires to know the parameter of the gamma distribution
in advance.

Do you guys have any idea to overcome this ?

Thanks a lot for any comment or suggestion.

Alex-

--
Lam C. Tsoi (Alex)
Medical University of South Carolina