Subject: [Boost-users] bootstrap.sh questions (compiling v1.39)
From: Raymond Wan (r.wan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-05-20 06:28:34

Hi all,

I'm hadn't been following the development of Boost's installation
process and just went from 1.38 to 1.39 and realized the steps that I
had written down no longer work. :-) I'm glad that the process was
being looked into, but could someone help me with a couple of things?

First, I use mpi and use to edit $BOOST/user-config.jam and put "using
mpi ;" at the end to get it to compile. I didn't do this and I got a
similar warning as before even though I ran:

./bootstrap.sh --with-libraries=graph,mpi,program_options,serialization

Does "mpi" in it have no effect? After it finished, it seems the other
3 were made, but not mpi. Should I add "using mpi ;" still? [In
$BOOST, I now notice there is no user-config.jam but a project-config.jam.]

And the other thing I use to do was to edit the Makefile by adding
"--layout=system" so that the generated libraries do not indicate the
compiler version. (I did read the discussion earlier this month and I'm
now wondering if it's bad practice to do this? I would like
libboost_program_options-mt.so instead of
libboost_program_options-gcc43-mt.so .)

How do I do this with bootstrap.sh/bjam?

Thank you!

Ray