Subject: [Boost-users] Boost.Unordered throws 64-bit portability warnings
From: Lindley M French (lfrench1_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-05-21 15:07:25

I've noticed on Visual Studio 2005 that I get a slew of warnings from Boost/unordered/detail/hash_table_impl.hpp when I build with "Detect 64-bit portability issues" turned on. In particular at the moment I'm seeing the following warning:

boost/unordered/detail/hash_table_impl.hpp(1569) : warning C4267: 'argument' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'unsigned int', possible loss of data

And the same on lines 1328, 1569, 1541, 1799, and 1763.

I doubt this poses a real problem, but with hash tables you never know. I'd prefer not to see warnings when I build. Can this be fixed, and can regression testing using this build setting be added to the mix in general?