Subject: [Boost-users] Example of using posix_time with timezone
From: Archie14 (admin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-05-21 18:38:58

This post is related to my discovery of differences in behavior between
posix_time::from_ftime and C# DateTime.FromFileTime methods (earlier post)

Now I am trying to learn the proper usage of posix_time and time_zones. After
reading the documentation I am still confused regarding usage of the timezone
together with usage of classes/functions in posix_time namespace

 Is it possible to do smth.like this: First declare the time zone, like EST,
CT ets and then all subsequent calls to posix_time namespace functions or
classes will take this timezone as a base?

I will really appreciate a simple example of specifying EST timezone for
posix_time.