Subject: [Boost-users] ICMP Ping ASIO
From: cmicel1_at_[hidden]
Date: 2009-05-23 19:03:55

I am trying to recreate a simple ping utility that utilizes the
Internet Control Message Protocol(ICMP) to gather information about a
host. Boost ASIO has an implementation of the ICMP protocol and
presents this protocol as a method to transmit messages similar to UDP
or TCP. I need to create ICMP messages that are crafted with certain
control messages (0 - Echo Reply, 8 - Echo Request), but I am unsure
of how asio crafts messages when this protocol is in use. I do not
want to utilize a server application for my network diagnosis and
figured that this would be the appropriate method. Any information on
the subject matter would be helpful to me.
-Chris