Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [BGL] Trying to use subgraph
From: Lindley M French (lfrench1_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-05-26 17:04:33

As long as you're making changes to subgraph anyway, something that really bugs me about it is the necessity to make the root graph itself be of subgraph type. While I can understand the reasoning, it would be nice if there were a way to simply make the root be a shallow wrapper around any particular graph.

I don't know how feasible this is, but I figured I'd ask.

> w = G[edge].edge_weight;
> or similar.
>
> And when using algorithms, I was able to figure out the property map
> parameters mainly be looking at what the examples did.
>
> So using the above access pattern, how would one differentiate a subgraph
> with "pass-through" property access versus one with local properties?

Good question. I hadn't thought of that. Maybe something like:

w = G[global(edge)].edge_weight // or
w = G[local(edge)].edge_weight

I think I can hack something like that together.

As for default behavior... I'm leaning towards global properties, but I
suppose I could control it with a preprocessor macro.

Andrew Sutton
andrew.n.sutton_at_[hidden]