Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [BGL] Trying to use subgraph
From: Lindley M French (lfrench1_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-05-26 18:42:58

My only concern with making global property access the default is whether that will break any existing code. Since the doc was unclear, I'm not sure if there's any good way to check that, except trying it and waiting for the complaints to role in.....

> As long as you're making changes to subgraph anyway, something that really
> bugs me about it is the necessity to make the root graph itself be of
> subgraph type. While I can understand the reasoning, it would be nice if
> there were a way to simply make the root be a shallow wrapper around any
> particular graph.
>
> I don't know how feasible this is, but I figured I'd ask.

It may be possible, but I'm not thinking too much about it right now.

I've just committed the beginning of this work. Now you can write:

g[v] -> returns the global bundle of v
g[global(v)] -> returns the global bundle for v
g[local(v)] -> returns the local bundle of v

typedef property_map<
  Subgraph, local_subgraph_property<int Node::*>
>::type Map;
Map pm = get(local(&Node::weight), g);

I'm not fully sold on the local_subgraph_property name. I could probably
shorten it to local_property, and it would work just as well.

I haven't built explicit support for global bundled properties, and I need
to extend the same support to the old-style properties.

Thoughts?

Andrew Sutton
andrew.n.sutton_at_[hidden]