Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Boost.serialization] unexpected bad_cast exception while deserializing some arbitrary instances (e.g.: ar & data) ...
From: François Mauger (mauger_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-05-27 02:39:15

Hi Troy,

> You could try adding this to the top of your script:
>
> import dl
> import sys
> flags = sys.getdlopenflags()
> sys.setdlopenflags(flags | dl.RTLD_GLOBAL)

Great! It works (at least no problem appeared after several trial)!
Thank you very much. I was so desesperate!
It seems also that I should use this 'trick' within my former
work: it has probably worked for monthes only by chance!

Now I got a solution, may I dare ask you an explanation
about this issue?
I'm rather unskilled with this 'dl' stuff. What I don't understand
is why my code was working in some case and not in another one, despite
the fact that imported wrapper modules were the same.
Does it have to do with some unpredictable dynamic loading
of symbols depending of the Python running context? Do you think this
issue would appear also under Darwin (the other target OS for my libs)?

Thanks for you comments
and many many thanks for this trick.

regards
frc