Subject: [Boost-users] POD 3d vectors
From: gtsml owevwr (gtsml.owevwr_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-05-27 13:15:08

Hi,

I need fast low dimensional vector (2, 3 and 4 dimension let say).
How shall I implement them with boost?

Off course ublas is a possibility but I feel it's more designed for
higher dimension.
Ideally, low dimension vector are better as POD, without any pointer
indirection for instance.
Maybe there's a way to enforce no indirection with ublas?

Off course, boost::array would do the trick but it doesn't have any of
the basic arithmetic operators.
I could easily add them with the operators library, but maybe there's
a better way?

And off course, could be great to have POD small matrices as well...

I know this request is probably over specialized but maybe I'm missing
something already there

Thanks,
Frank