Subject: [Boost-users] [asio] socket_types.hpp defines _WIN32_WINNT under Windows Mobile
From: Tom Aylesworth (taylesworth_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-05-27 15:23:38

The socket_types.hpp defines _WIN32_WINNT to 0x0501 if neither _WIN32_WINNT nor _WIN32_WINDOWS are defined. However, under Windows Mobile, _WIN32_WINNT should not be defined.

It appears this is only being used to determine the value for max_iov_len:

# if defined(_WIN32_WINNT)
const int max_iov_len = 64;
# else
const int max_iov_len = 16;
# endif

So I think that the original test should also test for _WIN32_WCE, so that _WIN32_WINNT is not defined under Windows Mobile:

# if !defined(_WIN32_WINNT) && !defined(_WIN32_WINDOWS) && !defined(_WIN32_WCE)

Does anyone know what max_iov_len should be set to under Windows Mobile 5, or how I might be able to find out? I assume it's safer to leave it at the lower value (16) for now, but it would be nice to have it set correctly.

Thanks,

Thomas Aylesworth
Senior Software Engineer
RealityMobile