Subject: [Boost-users] boost::serialization and PHP websites
From: KessiMC (pascal_kesseli_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-05-28 17:17:48

Hi everyone

Currently, I'm using boost serialization for some of my configuration files
(XML format). Some time ago, it became necessary to edit these files using a
web interface in PHP. As I could not think of a suitable method to
deserialize such an XML file to PHP (with all object references, etc.), I
wrote a C++ program generating HTML code, allowing some simple configuration
tasks.

Even though this worked as a quick and dirty solution, I do not intend to
support such a proprietary workaround for too long. Much more comfortable
would it be to deserialize the XML file to PHP classes or, with JSP or
ASP.NET websites, Java and C# classes.

Does anyone of you know of such libraries for crossing the website/C++ line?
Or should I use another serialization library? Currently, I consider the
boost serialization a de-facto standard for C++ serialization issues.

Thanks for any reply and best regards
Pascal Kesseli