Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Boost.iostreams to stream stderr/stdout from forked shell command?
From: Carl Zmola (czmola_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-05-29 10:39:32

I don't see another response to this, so I will chime in (a little late).

The file descriptor source and sink will work to read or write from any
open file descriptor, including stdin, stdout and stderr. The
documentation covers using them with an open file descriptor.

It doesn't specifically mention forking, but it works well.

All of the standard warnings about buffering, synchronization and
writing to stdio from multiple processes still are valid.

Carl