Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Problem with throwing exceptions in async handler functions of ASIO library
From: J.W.F. Thirion (derik_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-05-29 10:49:44

Thanks. For me issue came in when one had a async_connect, e.g. inside
the handle_resolve (called from io service thread as an async_resolve)
was done. When a boost exception was thrown, it wasn't caught anywhere
as the io_service::run was started directly in a thread, causing the
program to terminate.

I'm currently catching the errors in a wrapper thread to io_service's
run and then propagating these exceptions back to the main thread and
rethrow them there.