Subject: Re: [Boost-users] boost::serialization and PHP websites
From: Sohail Somani (sohail_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-05-29 17:44:35

Brian Wood wrote:
> Pascal Kesseli writes:
>
>> Currently, I consider the
>> boost serialization a de-facto standard for C++ serialization issues.
>
> In 2007 it wasn't a stretch to say that General Motors was a de facto
> standard in the automobile industry. Now they want 70 billion from
> taxpayers. Oh my G-d!

Hey Robert, if you start getting 70 billion from taxpayers, please let
me get in on it too. I did that talk one time at the place with the
people...

I use the library but even I don't think Boost Serialization should be
considered a de-facto standard. You need to make sure the library meets
your requirements first. Boost serialization currently does not
elegantly handle forward compatibility, for example. Everything else is
cool to me though.

--
Sohail Somani
http://uint32t.blogspot.com