Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [shared_ptr] Member functions as deallocators
From: Max (more4less_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-04 20:35:11

This paradox seems to be always there.

Using Bind or handwritten functors is a compromise between ease of use (and
maintenance)

and code performance (and code size). One of the main advantages of Bind is
the ability to

create in-place function objects to avoid the scattered handwritten functors
(global class,

global functions, static methods, etc.) which will give code maintainers
(sometimes the original

author himself) more head scratch.

In code that is not hotspot or in case memory foorprint is not critical, I
think most of peaple will

prefer Bind version.

B/Rgds

Max