Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [BOOST] [TEST] Dumping the memory leak into Log File
From: Zachary Turner (divisortheory_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-06 10:40:28

On Sat, Jun 6, 2009 at 1:52 AM, Gennadiy Rozental <rogeeff_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Suraj Gupta, Gurgaon wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>

>> Memory leak information is displayed onto the console window but I want to
>> write the memory leak information in the log file I am creating? Could you
>> please let me know how can I achieve this?
>>

> I believe your only option at the moment is to redirect standard
> output/error streams. Boost.Test used functionality provided by MS runtime
> and has very little configuration power over it.
>
> Gennadiy

I haven't taken a look at the Boost.Test memory leak info code yet so
forgive me if I'm speaking out of context, but since you mention MS runtime
I assume you're referring to the _CrtDebug functions. Take a look at
_CrtSetDbgFlag with option _CRTDBG_MODE_FILE and another function
_CrtSetReportFile. If you want to support multiple output streams, you
might be able to use a handle to a named pipe in _CrtSetReportFile and then
monitor the named pipe yourself and multiplex it. This doesn't help the
original poster very much, but might help enhancing the library.