Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Bind] Placeholder scope
From: Robert Jones (robertgbjones_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-07 11:41:06

On Sun, Jun 7, 2009 at 2:09 PM, Gevorg Voskanyan <v_gevorg_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Thomas Klimpel wrote:
> > Steven Watanabe wrote:
> > >
> > > It's an historical artifact which has never been fixed.
> >
> > Are you implying that it could/should be fixed?
>
> Well, at least there is a ticket for that:
> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/2240
>
> FWIW, std::bind has its placeholders in std::placeholders namespace.

and

On Sun, Jun 7, 2009 at 6:49 AM, Michael Caisse <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I suspect all of us have been bitten by this at least once.
> Would a patch be welcome to resolve it or would it break too many
> historical artifacts with the change?

Also cross posting to boost developers.

The ticket is owned by Peter D., but does anyone mind if I submit a
patch for this? It would be a very breaking change I think. Should the
previous behaviour be maintained via an #ifdef, eg

#ifdef BOOST_UNSCOPED_PLACEHOLDERS

- Rob.