Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Does anyone know how to detect image offset?
From: Peter (p.schregle_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-08 02:33:40

You need image processing and analysis functions for that, specifically
pattern recognition. GIL lacks these functions, in that sense it's a body
without arms and legs.

Have a look at www.ngi-central.org. The search sample explains how to search
for patterns in images, and from this you can calculate the offset. Once you
have the offset there are other algorithms which can give you a degree of
similarity of your images.

Peter